Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tuesday.

I may just start blogging every day. My life is that exciting lately.

Today, I got my first ever manicure and pedicure. I had avoided them for so long, because they cost money, people are touching your feet, and I just feel prissy sitting there. Someone's job is to clean my feet, to make them pretty. I just feel bad and I don't know why!

So of course, I had to have the weirdest experience ever going for my first time.
I walk in. I am greeted by a lady with a thick Chinese accent. I am determined to only get a pedicure. (I had a coupon. =D)
She pokes my nails. She tells me to get a "Gel Manicure" Whatever that is.
She basically tells me it's awesome. I say no thank you.
She says regular manicure is 10 dollars.
I said "uhhh."
She said "Only ten dollars!"
"Uhhm..."
"..For a manicure!"
"Yeah, but I still don't-"
"Only ten dollars for a manicure!"
"Ok..."
So out come two DUDES. Dudes will be working on my hands and toes today. I feel super weird. Also, they are totally going to judge my feet.
They put me in a chair. Surprise! it's a massage chair, and the greatest thing ever invented. I start to feel like a princess. Weird for me.
I would not be a very good princess.

There is a foot bath. I asked a ridiculously stupid question,
"So I just...put my feet in? In this thing?"
and I did and it was also kind of awesome.

But STILL. there is a guy on my right pushing back my cuticles, (I learned new words today!) and a guy sawing my toenails (I don't know how else to put that.)
Also, I notice there is a guy in front of me getting a manicure.

What.
Also, another guy walks in and asks for a manicure.
I was questioning if I was in some sort of Gay Salon or something. I wasn't. Apparently this is normal.

They painted them pink! And it's adorable. And gave me weird not-flip flops.
And I didn't know where to look.
Do I watch them?
Do I watch the manly manicure men?
Also, they massaged my arm. Also strange.
Do I inform them that this is strange?
Do I ask them why they are massaging my arm?
Am I probably overt thinking things? (Yes)

No comments:

Post a Comment