Saturday, June 23, 2012

My mom

My mom is adorable.
She has finally found a project she loves to sew, and stays up late doing it.
I like seeing her this happy. She has always wanted to start a business, or be a fashion designer (For Disney, of course =D)
And so even though she's not making Princess dresses, she found a hobby she loves.
Which means weekend trips to the LA fabric district, (Which means guitar shops for my dad, that's a plus)
And she comes in my room after every trip to the fabric store and shows me everything she bought. And is so excited about it!
I guess I really like seeing my mom happy.
It's also funny to hear "mom-isms" while she sews. I'll hear a random victory cheer sometimes.
My family isn't SUPER close, like call each other on weekends, know lots of details about your every day life kind of close, but I still find comfort in other things. I'm a lot like my parents, which at sometimes, SUCKS. (socks and sandals, dad? You KNOW that's wrong.) but I see the great people they are a lot of the time, and it's nice to know I might not turn out so bad.
Not that I would turn out so bad, I guess it's just a common fear.
I like coming home from work to hear my mom's sewing machine going, and the Dodger's game on in the next room, accompanied by a bass line from the 70s.

These are happy sounds in my house.



In other non sentimental news, I killed a cockroach today. I was very proud. However, then mother nature took my baby birds.
I was literally heart broken! Those birds were my babies! I checked on them every day, and they had names, and they made cute cheeping sounds, and now they're dead.



I'm also a tad sick, so if I start writing lyrics comparable to The Beatles, i'm not high, or a genius or in a yellow submarine or anything, I have a fever.  And it's not fun, especially since I work outdoors.





No comments:

Post a Comment