Monday, June 11, 2012

Hospice Interview

The interview went SO well.
Pretty much the best interview ever.
Then again, I've only been interviewed a handful of times.

There was my tech theater job...
It went like this,
"Hi! I'm Mally. I'd like to work for you."
"Well, Mally, would you actually work? Or are you interested in a class to text in?"
"I'd actually work."
"I believe that. You start tomorrow."

My Chick Fil A interview, where my boss just wanted to make sure I didn't throw rocks at children or anything. (His exact words..=])

My Massage Receptionist interview, which I butchered. I was doing awesome until he said he'd call within a couple of days if I got the job. I winked and said, "Well I look forward to hearing from you." I still shake my head. Worst. Ever.

The American Eagle interview, when she lost my application, interviewed me right in front of the speakers and where she told me I was hired and then never called me again. (Still don't know what happened.)

My River's End Rafting interview was like, "Hey so...I know that you're awesome...so...why don't you just work here?"

I also met the General Manager at Applebee's tonight...in a public bathroom. I thought, "Hey, why not?" and asked how often they hire. I actually got really positive feedback.
I think it's pretty much fair game in that situation, because we were stall neighbors, and I didn't fart loudly or anything.  Those kinds of things can have a say.

My interview for Hoffman went really smoothly. Easiest person to talk to in the world, greatest staff in the world, she told me she really thinks i'm cut out for this type of work and...I start training next Thursday! =D



It was really easy to answer all the questions once I remembered that I actually wanted to be there.
I was imagining how I'd do with places I DIDN'T want to work at.
Like I pictured myself at a McDonald's interview.
"Why do YOU want to work at McDonald's?"
"I don't. I'm broke and I have bills to pay. Your food isn't real, your ice cream machine breaks at the worst times (does anyone else have this problem?) and people sue you for anything. "   Does anyone WANT to work at McDonald's?  What CAN people say?
"I enjoy that your service is average, that your chicken nuggets are  only 50% real chicken and that as a team we're making America obese."

Anyway. That was my rant. ^_^

1 comment:

  1. I. Love. Your. BLOG! I laugh out loud during every single entry. Good grief, woman..you are funnay. Hey. How come you never started working at foodex?

    ReplyDelete