Tuesday, May 29, 2012

New Job

So, my new job.
There's always a breeze,which is a blessing and a curse and it's absolutely gorgeous. We're centered in an orchard, so there's rows of trees surrounded by soft looking hills, and big blue skies with fluffy clouds.
There is Boyd the bus driver. I order him a Diet Dr Pepper every day. (I was informed I must do this on my first day) and then at some point during the day he leaves a cookie on my desk without saying anything, just a smile and heads off to do bus driver-y things.
My desk has wheels, and is blue, my favorite color.

There are baby birds in a nest right by my desk. I am quite fond of them. Sometimes when it's uber slow I stand and look at them for a wile. They are so small and adorable! Plus there's this one bird that just looks at me, and he has little feathers, and little eyes, and a little beak, and and I love animals.

There are also snakes. I have never seen said snakes, but I know they are around, and have not seen them in the wild yet, but when I do, I know i'll yelp or something.
(Earlier today I screamed because I thought I saw a roach. It was a feather. I'm very easily startled)
My boss is a really nice guy. We have the radio going all day, and "Don't Stop Believing" came on. I was cleaning the display part of the store and he comes out of the office and yells, "Hey! DON"T stop believing, alright?"
He reminds me of some of my managers at Chick Fil A.

I'm starting my second job today! FoodEx, my boss's other company. I will be an oh so glamorous delivery driver. Which is fine my be, because I love driving, and music, and both of them combined is one happy Mally.

I'm also starting volunteer work at Hoffman Hospice. (Pretty much my dream job, only i'm doing it for free for the time being)
It's a six week training program, then i'll volunteer two nights a week.
I'm really looking forward to it! I know it will be a really incredible experience.

And, this is my life right now. Nothing too crazy, just kind of comfortable. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment