Sunday, May 6, 2012

A very eventful birthday

I am now officially 19 which means.....pretty much nothing has changed.

I feel like 20 will be much more dramatic. In fact, i'm kind of already freaking out. 20 is halfway to 40. Which isn't old, but for the next 20 years, i'll be having a career, getting married, having kids... It feels kind of crazy to think about, but I look forward to it.


Disneyland was so amazing. I kind of turn into a 5 year old (Without the screaming and kicking when I get tired)
And so everything was pretty much magical. I went to City Hall and got a Birthday button, and the cast members would wish me happy birthday on rides and stuff. It was really awesome!
On my way to Space Mountain, a Cast Member says "It's your birthday? Here's some bubbles." and shot them out of a gun toward me. Best thing ever,

Even random people in line would wish me a happy birthday.
I've never had that many people wish me a happy birthday like that.

We ate at Ariel's Grotto, which was super fancy. I have never eaten anything that fancy before. And delicious!

We saw the World of Color, and it was the coolest, most amazing and magical thing I have seen in my entire life. Seriously, if you go to Disneyland/California Adventure, you NEED to see that. It's a NEED.
We got to go on Indiana Jones twice in a row, which is pretty much my favorite ride.
We went on Splash Mountain twice, at the end of the day when it was freezing. (I got drenched x. D)
Star Tours is also my favorite ride.
Pretty much everything there is my favorite, and I want to go pretty much every day.


But as some of you heard, on the way back I was in a car accident.
I was asleep when it happened, I woke up because Steven was yelling my name. I could hear  the car swerving out of control. I hit my head on the dashboard pretty hard, and I dont really remember when the car came to a stop.  Steven kept asking if I was okay, and I kept saying I was fine.
I was really confused as to what was going on, how it happened. I asked what was going to happen, where we were going to go go and he said that his car was really messed up. I looked out the front of the dashboard and could see the front of the hood bent up
We sat there trying to find his phone when I realized how badly my head was in pain. I remember holding my eye  because it felt like my whole head was buzzing. Steven hadn't realized I hit my head and asked why I was holding my eye. When I told him he got really really worried. We prayed after we realized how lucky we were.
I noticed his shirt, it was covered in what looked like blood. So then I started freaking out, but it was just hot chocolate.
It turns out Steven had fallen asleep at the wheel, and when he woke up the car was going out of control, and he hit a dirt barrier.
I wasn't wearing my seatbelt.
 If the car had flipped, or we had hit anything else other then dirt, there is a strong chance that I would not be sitting here writing it right now.

Which is really insane to think about. My parents are really happy that they're not planning my funeral right now.
It's kind of ironic to think about. Just the day before I had completed my assignment that required me to plan my funeral, write my obituary, write my will.
And it was ironic because we were coming from the happiest place on earth.

Im still so grateful im not in the hospital, or he's not in the hospital.
I got home around 6:30,  and started my first day at my new job around 8:30.

Its a really great job. Im so excited for it! I was basically thrown into doing everything, and my boss was really impressed with how quickly I caught on. Which is great because I had been awake for 24 hours straight, and in a car accident, and well you get the picture.
My eye is a little swollen, and im a little sore, but other then that, im completely fine.

Thank you all for the concern and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment