Saturday, September 1, 2012

Boom Shacka Lacka

Me: 1. Procrastination: 0
Rarely happens. But today, I left my Saturday open and I designated it to "Hans Zimmer/Homework/Cleaning" day. Which I DESPERATELY needed to do. But since I've been un employed, my brain has been this giant catastrophe of worry, and I literally spent every waking second of my life job hunting.
But alas, I am employed once more!
And I seriously couldn't be happier. I have been blessed with quite possibly the best job. Ever. (Until I get my nursing degree.)
I wanted a  job that allowed me to help people. I didn't want to wait until I had my degree to start making a difference in people's lives.
Unfortunately,  this doesn't happen to kids my age unless you know someone, since I don't have experience and my only job has been working in a fast food restaurant.
BUT.
My dad had this client, and she started talking to him about finding people for a job, and he recommended me, so I went for an interview, and wellah!
I am now employed by Positive Purpose. Also, I keep calling it, "Positive Porpoise" which is very misleading because I don't in fact work with dolphins. I'm not sure what my title is yet, but I will be assisting disabled adults. (physical and mental)
I'm really looking forward to it, I know it's going to be a great positive experience, and will benefit others as well as me for the future.
I seriously can barely contain my excitement!
This has taken a huge weight off my shoulders. I hate uncertainty, especially with a job. I like knowing that I can afford my cell phone bill, and gas, and magical things like that.
Also, guess who beasted at homework today? This girl! Which usually doesn't happen, and I don't just sit down and do everything in one day, but i'm trying to get all of my homework done before Sundays, so I can have time to focus on the Sabbath.
So far, it's going really well!
Right now, I just sighed with relief because things are starting to work out really well.
I got my job, and I have school. I have my things to work really hard in, to benefit my future.
Yay!
I feel like I can plan the rest of my life accordingly.

Which is not true, but it feels nice to have things in order!



No comments:

Post a Comment