Monday, March 12, 2012

Monday Blues

Hello, strangers and friends!


We've all been there: had a Monday that was so bad, it could only be described as a Monday. Today was that day, and I failed at today. 

Please proceed to read and laugh at my misfortune.

So, I woke up, walked into the bathroom, and stubbed my toe on the way into the shower, and sent a variety of shampoos and my Batman bubble bath all over my bathroom, and somehow my shower curtain fell down. At which point my exact thought was "Good MORNING, AMERICA." So then I proceeded to burn my scalp before finally continuing as a normal human being taking a shower. (And getting water all over the floor because my stupid shower curtain had some sort of physical turrets that caused it to spaz...well, spastically.)

So downstairs I go and I realize I didn't wash my uniform, so while eating cold pizza for breakfast (champ) I tried to scrub the ice dream (what would be a dream is if it came out of my uniform easier) out of my pants. Then I left, looking like I peed my pants and had hair resembling a small lion with a bad hair cut. 
So I get in the Mazda, which I was actually super thrilled about, because it means I get to listen to my iPod because it's the car with the cable. (Seriously, that is the most exciting news in my life right now) But of course, I was out of gas, and had to zip down the street to the Chevron, and somehow hit myself with the gas pump. 
Meanwhile, I was fighting with someone who is very dear to me, over something ridiculous that I don't even remember anymore. Which is D.U.M.

So, on the road! 
Thank goodness my speedy driving did not cause any catastrophes.

Work started out wonderful. My co-workers were all in a silly mood, which makes work really enjoyable. 
Then, people were asking who closed on saturday which was me, and pointed to the most obvious, un mopped part on the floor ever, which was completely my fault and I was embarrassed for doing something that incredibly stupid. xD < Face I am making right now.

Then I started skipping drinks, and stuttering on headset, and spilling milkshake base on the floor, and scooping ice on the counters instead of cups, and not wiping down drinks, and basically was just a derp.

I've felt like a complete idiot at work recently. I cannot place what event made me feel this way, but I wish I could find out what it was, rewind and fix it. 
Like, I feel like everything I say is pure gibberish, or has no relevance to anything anyone is saying, therefore making everyone feel awkward. 

And I really hope it gets better.
Also, the person that usually runs window is Martin, and when I think something like "I need to put this drink here for Martin" I end up saying "Thank you for Chick FIl A, my name is Martin how may I serve you today?"
I also don't think he has noticed this.

Also, there is a spider that lives outside the walls who sometimes crawls onto the drive thru camera, making my line of sight one giant fuzzy spider as big as my head crawling over all the cars. I know he is there, but his appearance scares me every time. I jump every time and either punch the register due to fear of my face being eaten off through the television screen, or accidentally emphasize a word like.
"So you wanted a CHICKEN!!!! Sandwich..?" And the person is kind of like, "Yeah......" 
Yeah as in, "Duh, Martin the female sounding order taker, I DO want a CHICKEN sandwich because this is a CHICKEN restaurant, you silly.."
(Once again, he is an outdoor spider.) 

Also also, a minute before I clocked out I reached into my pocket to find that my pen exploded. 

Fun times.

The rest of the day felt pretty normal. My mom had to leave town on short notice, so I think it threw off the balance of things in our family. 
Luckily, Monday is only one day in the week, which means if I had a terrible day today, it can only get significantly better tomorrow.

Goodnight, everyone. Thank you for listening. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment