Friday, March 2, 2012

About a girl.

Hello friends!
It has been, well pretty much non existent since I have posted a blog entry.

So, it's Friday. Which means work was busy. But it was actually really nice.
I informed someone "Your total is Dr. Pepper. Wait...Um, sorry. I'm challenged today." But they didn't really care, being on the phone and what not. I made 12 trays of brownies. (This is in fact an accomplishment)
I also found out i'm hypoglycemic. Which basically just means I can't eat anything delicious. Im sort of at peace with it, seeing as I wanted to get in shape anyway, sooo..this forces me to.
I FINALLY bought a DSLR. I went with the Canon rebel T3, since that's what I shot with in high school. (I say "in high school" like it was forever ago.)

I am obsessed with Do It Yourself projects. I seriously will spend hours on one site saying "I'm so going to make that." and then bookmark it, and come back frequently to stare in amazement. My house will look interesting in the future.

Life has literally thrown its ups and downs at me lately. Yesterday, I got to spend some time with my sisters, who I haven't seen in AGES because despite my best friend and I working at the same place, we never ever see each other. But it was AMAZING because my oldest sister has this way of making your life feel super important, despite the fact when you get down to the core of my life right now, I am working at a minimum wage fast food job, going to community college. I like to think my life is more significant then that.

In Philosophy, we're reading a book called On Death and Dying. It is about a doctor who deals with dying patients, and it talks about how to deliver bad news to people. It really focuses on the importance of caring for the patients, rather then treating them (as patients say) as "things"
It makes me really excited for when i'm finally a nurse. I feel so at peace that i'll be working to help people, the rest of my life.
It's weird, but when I feel like i'm not helping other people, I get really disappointed with my life, and sad, and all sorts of not good feelings. When I do help someone, like I go the extra mile for someone at work, and I can see that I made their day better for taking extra time to care for them, I get legit, cliche, warm fuzzies. And that's awesome.

Random thought on Girl Scout Cookies: I found out I was hypoglycemic today. Guess what went on sale today?

Guess what I ate an entire box of last year?
Tagalongs. My FAAAAVORITE. If anyone would like to help me cheat my diet, this is the way to go.



Here are some odd and random facts about my life.
The loves:
I would like to take up every instrument in the world.
I love anything artsy, despite my unnatural talent for it. (Well, mostly painting)
I love to talk to people. Seriously, if you think you're awkward on the phone or something, you should call me, and i'll get you to throw jell-o at your fence. (True story.)
I love writing. Hence the new blog.
This post feels a little weird to me. But as random shenanigans (Fun fact, I had to spell "shenanigans" like, twenty times) happen, this will get better.
I am a dork. I really am. My dad informed me of this in the car when I was making Chewbacca noises to the tune of my favorite Fratellis song.
(He wears socks with sandals.)

I love walking. However, my mom is a courtroom clerk and informs me that I will be raped and killed, and it kind of takes away from the walking experience. So I like driving now.

I still swing on the swings.
I love "kid" movies.
My all time favorite movie came out in the 70s. Which isn't a kid movie, but it is still amazing.
I love books.
I watch reruns of my favorite shows. (GOing through  The Office, again)
Pinterest. (I know, I know.)
John Mayer
anything piano/guitar/ukulele/music/yay/slash.
learning things
Flowers.


The Hates extreme dislikes:


when I feel like people are upset at me.
when I feel forgotten about, or abandoned.
when people don't use their blinkers.
when people say "ummmmmmmm" instead of forming coherent english.
when McDonald's tells you their ice cream machine is broken, but really they're just cleaning it and don't want you to hate them
When you wake up, and your dog has eaten your shoes.
MATH.







No comments:

Post a Comment